Level of Study
- All degree-bearing courses at graduate level are eligible.
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Worth of Award
- Usually 100% of tuition fee, the scholarship includes an academic-year stipend (a minimum of $28,145), tuition, student health insurance, and registration and services fees for up to two years, provided that academic standards of the Graduate School and the graduate program are met.
- Graduate School of Arts and Science
English Language Requirements:
International applicants whose primary language is not English, or who attended school in a non-English speaking country, must prove English proficiency.
The Falak Sufi Scholarship is to honor her memory and to support students from countries with a majority Islamic population in South Asia who might not otherwise be able to obtain a graduate education. These students, preferably female, will be enrolled in the two-year master’s program in Near Eastern Studies
- Candidates for the master’s program in Near Eastern Studies are eligible to apply, including applicants to the program’s joint degree with Journalism, the concentration with Museum Studies, and the business track.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- All applicants must take the general test of the GRE unless stated otherwise in our department-specific application requirements information. The Graduate School requires applicants who are not native English speakers to submit official TOEFL score reports.
- The TOEFL requirement is waived if your baccalaureate or master’s degree was (or will be) completed at an institution where the language of instruction is English.
Deadline: The application deadline for fall 2019 admission is January 4, 2019.
How to Apply
- Application information for all potential students to the master’s program in Near Eastern Studies can be found online in the GSAS Application Resource Center. The online application for admission is also the application for all Graduate School financial aid.
All correspondence and supporting documents must be submited on or before the specified deadline dates to the IODE War Memorial Officer.